Between the last post in August and last week I only did 3 painting exercises, so with the guilt having built up over 2-3 months I wanted to take a stab at something more challenging.
The effect of the glass bottle being lit from behind was laid out in the first 3 hours (day 1) but the pattern on the glass was mostly ignored and there were clear alignment/perspective issues + overall messiness:
The 3 hours on day 2 were used to clean up & fix the perspective problems, and the 6 horrible hours that followed in the last 2 days were spent trying to get the patterns on the glass looking right. It never really happened — I just gave up. If I’d ignored the actual pattern and replaced it with something uniform, it might have worked out better, but by that point I didn’t want to invest more time into this thing.
I feel like I missed a lot of hues & the reflection of the cloth bouncing onto the patterns on the bottom killed me a bit too.